Just like maintaining a day-to-day hygiene is of pivotal significance for our health similar is the case with your CPAP machine. CPAP machines are designed to assist people with sleep apnea. With the help of this machine, air flow is enhanced at night as a result of which you can sleep better without any disruption.
But for a machine to work in the desired manner it is imperative that you keep it clean and take care of it. Right at the time of purchasing the instrument you are given proper instructions about how to take care of your machine. But even if you are unable to remember everything then also there are some techniques that actually go well with most of these machines and their parts.
Here are certain things that you must keep in mind for taking care of your CPAP machine in the proper way.
- Adhere to the Safety Measures – You must ensure that all the safety measures are adhered to for avoiding any risk of shock.
- Use Pure and Mild Liquid Soap – The humidifier water chambers of the CPAP machine has to be cleaned every morning. You should let the chamber soak for 10-15 minutes in a mixture of mild, liquid soap after emptying any unused water from the chamber.
Then you should let it dry after rinsing it with water thoroughly. For the tubing and the mask you can use the same mixture. All you have to do is make sure that you do not use anything very harsh for cleaning them.
Apart from that, you should also use two parts water and one part vinegar and let the chamber soak in the mixture at least once a week. Then wash it away with distilled water.
- Use Tube Cleaning Brushes – You should clean the tubes of your CPAP machine at least once a week. You can use the mixture of the soap and water that is discussed above and then tube cleaning brushes for cleaning the tube inside out.
- Go for Mask Cleaner – Apart from the mixture there are also specific other liquids that work for the masks of the CPAP machines well. These extra-gentle liquids will not break down the mask material even if you use it every day.
- Mask Wipes is a Convenient Option – There are unscented wipes that are available with the help of which you can give the mask a quick wipe every morning. It can clean of any leftover grease or dirt that was built up the previous night and hence can keep it clean even between washings.
- Sanitise the Machines – If you are worried about bacteria and virus sticking to your CPAP machine then you can purchase specially intended CPAP sanitising machine to get rid of the mold and the germs. All you have to do is take the entire apparatus inside without taking it apart. Post that just switch on the machine and the work is done.
The above are some of the ways in which you can take care of your CPAP machine. But before that you must ensure that you purchase a quality equipment at the right CPAP machine cost from a reliable supplier to ensure that you get benefitted from its service year after year.